Sunday, January 3, 2016

ketogenic day 4

September 17, 2015

Thursday

Well I was right. Aaron's heart rate is up to 120-130. which is double of his normal rate. (he runs low)
His temp is also up to 99.6 which usually runs 94-96 degrees. I told the nurses that these are not normal for him. His dietician told me that it is just him getting used to the diet. SHe is really starting to frustrate me because she is not listening to me.

His GTube site looks worse so the nurse had Dr S (surgeon) Np coma and see Aaron. She said it was infected and wanted to give him a antibiotc. They decided aginst it because of the high carb count. Instaed they gave him some new gtube pads. We scheduled an appointent for Oct 2 so Dr S can change his button.

He is still off and still not urinating. nobody is listening to me so I call ed Dr R (his Endo) and talked to her. She called and talked to the nurses. She ordered some labs and changed his dose of DDAVP. Hopefully this will work and we can get discharged. This was supposed to be  3 day inpatient stay.

The good news is that his blood sugrs have stayed below 80 annd his ketones are large!!

No comments:

Post a Comment