Sunday, January 3, 2016

ketogenic diet day 6

September 19, 2015

Saturday

Aaron is definitly feeling better I feel so badtht I could not get them to listen to me and he got so sick. The nurses were great and were relaying my messages to the dietician. It was her that would not listen. I hope she learned from this and when she is dealing with another medically comlex child listens to the parent.

His hear rate and temp are returning to normal and his c02 was up to 15 and then down to 14 in the afternoon. He received 2 doses of sodium bicarbonate and his levels will be checked in the morning. I am so thankful thta Dr P is taking care of Aaron now. He knows Aaron and listens to me. in the afternoon I noticed that Aaron was "off" again. I told him tht I thought his sodium level was high. He ordered the blood tests and I was right. He increased his free water back to where it was when we started the diet.

His blood sugars have been great and his ketones are large. We have not seen any seizure activity today. If his levels are in the normal range tomorrow he might be discharged.






No comments:

Post a Comment